Scandinavian Design is known for its pared-back simplicity, utility and design. With minimal pieces, warm tones and a welcoming energy, there is no wonder this interior design aesthetic has been embraced worldwide.
Elements that are essential in any Scandi inspired space include;
- The use of timber, from floor to ceiling, furniture and accessories.
- Warm, muted and earthy tones are ideal with whites, cool greys and soft blues the key colours of the trend.
- Each piece has a function and a purpose. While the fixtures and furnishings look beautiful, they are also chosen to play a crucial role in the living space.
- Timeless pieces, iconic names. Homes decked out in the Scandi style often features furniture from period designers such as Hans Wegner, Alvar Aalto, and Arne Jacobsen.
- When it comes to accessories, keep it minimal and keep it on trend. When you feel you have finished styling the room, stand back and ask yourself what needs to be removed – remember beauty paired with utility is the important combination.
An essential for any Scandi inspired kitchen is the Rivsalt Grater and Himalayan Salt. The perfect balance of beautiful Scandinavian design and quality, matched with its utility, this will forever be a centrepiece of your kitchen or dining room table.
Boasting a stainless steel grater of highest quality, Himalaya salt rock, and a desk stand made from untreated natural oak. Salt can be grated into your dishes as you cook, or enhanced upon serving.
This flavourful salt is one of the most popular, with a lasting spicy heat over a mild mineral body, its flavour makes it ideal for seasoning meat and fish, as well as vegetables.[vc_single_image image=”28354″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center” onclick=”custom_link” link=”/shop/pantry/rivsalt-himalayan-rock-salt-with-grater/”]