In honour of this Australia tradition, we want to share our tips for mastering perfectly cooked meat.
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your grill 15 to 25 minutes before you start cooking to make sure it reaches the right temperature (and to kill any bacteria).
- It’s easier to remove BBQ grease and left over food when the grill is hot, so after preheating, use a long-handled wire grill brush on your grill rack to clean it down.
- The meat needs room, too. Don’t overcrowd the grill or it can heat unevenly.
- Leave it alone! You should only turn the meat once. Be patient!
- The best way to know when your meat is done is to use a meat thermometer.
- Let your grilled meat rest for five minutes after cooking, covered loosely with foil, to ensure more tender and juicy results.